Terms and Conditions
1. Bookings For bookings less 6 weeks in advance or if the booking is only for one single days guiding, full payment is required. This is non-refundable.
For bookings more than 6 weeks in advance, a deposit of 50% of total price is required to confirm your booking. This deposit is non-refundable.
The balance is due 6 weeks before the first guiding day. Once this due date has passed, the balance is non-refundable.
2. Insurance. Cancellation, emergency medical, repatriation and mountain rescue insurance for unrestricted mountaineering, ski-touring or off-piste skiing (accordingly) in Europe is your own responsibility and is mandatory.
I recommend the BMC for their Alpine (& Ski if required) policy which is a quality insurance that covers everything you need. You will find it at: www.thebmc.co.uk
3. If for any reason the guide cannot fulfil the contract (due to illness) I shall either refund your money or find another guide as a replacement.
4.The guide will endeavour to complete the itinerary proposed but must reserve the right to change this for reasons of safety or in the case of bad weather or snow conditions.
5. Loaned or hired equipment must be returned in a reasonable condition or the repair or replacement cost will be charged.
6. It is essential that at the time of booking, any medical condition, medication or health issues are declared which may affect your ability to take part in mountain activities or perform physical work at high altitude. (Pre-existing medical conditions do not necessarily preclude you from participating in an activity, but it is important
that I am aware of them in order to plan realistic objectives and in case treatment is required)
7. Whilst I, as a mountain guide, maintain high professional standards of client care and safety, you must realise and accept that climbing, mountaineering and skiing take place in remote and hazardous mountain terrain. All clients must be aware that taking part in such activities involve an acceptance of objective risks and taking responsibility for ones own actions.
8. Each person included in a booking for private guiding must read these terms and conditions.